Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day Twenty Five - A little digression before I go forward

I received an email today from my friend, Michele Connor. The reason I'm using her name is because she told me I could. If you go back to Day Fifteen and read about the girl who let me put my futon next to hers, that was Michele Connor. If you go back to Day Eighteen - Long Beach Reunion you will also find her there. It is to my friend and protector, Michele Connor, that I say, "Thank you for holding my hand." I will be talking more about Michele as the story progresses. I will say one more thing about her, however, I don't think she really understands what she did that night when she said, "Janet, you can sleep by me tonight."

I also received several other emails recalling specific things and people who were with me during the barbecue and other times. Another classmate sent me the shrine story. Her recollection of it is not only good but quite humorous.

© Copyright 2009 Janet Calcote Simmons All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment